Here we provide you comprehensive solutions with a stepwise guide to do a Facebook image search to search out a profile straight from a picture, as well as some constraints to the processes. Follow the steps in the correct series to avert trouble and errors. The steps are discussed below.
Steps to Apply Facebook Image Search
Nowadays, Facebook gives an ID which is in the form of a number to almost all the pictures that uploaded on the social media platforms. Moreover, any of the images which have downloaded direct from the Facebook account will already have that ID which are in the form of numbers, which is the element of the file by default settings. In case, users already know about this number very well, one can use it to locate the source of the pictures on Facebook easily. Somehow it may be the profile photo of the person who shared it with anyone or might be the user whose account someone is attempting to search might be tagged or named in one of the images. Here what to do:
- Firstly, right-tap on the image which you wish to locate on Facebook.
- Click on the “Open in New Tab” in the Google Chrome. In case, if anyone is using some other web browser, choose “View Image,” “View Photo,” or more similar option.
- Search for the three sets of total numbers which are alienated by underscores in the browser address bar of the search engine or file name of the picture.
- Find the middle series of numbers. For instances, that is 10128170371170223. It is the ID number that you will use on Facebook to locate the image of that person.
- Enter the following link in the address bar of your browser: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=
- Now, you need to paste the “ID” number of the image just after the “Equal =” sign in the address bar of your browser.
- Tap the “Enter” key to navigate to the photo appears on Facebook and find out the profile on which the picture posted.
Reverse Image Search via Facebook and Google Method
Although a person can also execute a reverse image search in Google by simply using a photo which is posted on Facebook to know more regarding who posted it on Facebook. For this follow the below mentioned steps:
- Right tap on the image which you want to reverse.
- Choose ” Search Google for Image” option.
- Now, a new tab will open in the address bar showing all the possible matches for the photo.
- Now, you have to delete all the text from the search box, and replace it with the words “site:facebook.com” and press the “Enter” key.
- This step will tell Google about you really want to reverse image search Facebook and not any other websites.
- Finally, verify the results to check that is the profile of that person whom you are searching for.
Robert Adams is a cybersecurity enthusiast, technical writer, privacy and security blogger, and reporter who has detailed information about antivirus software such as Trend Micro Activation at trendmicro.com/activation.