Sometimes, users might come across in situations where they lose their smartphones and other tech gadgets. In the same way, they get into situations where they might lose their Apple watches. Well, there is a possibility that it’s in the cushions of your couch or behind the nightstand. It might be possible that you leave it in your workplace or your relative or friend’s house. Or in the worse case, it’s stolen by someone and not recovered. Fortunately, if someone loses their Apple Watch, sometimes you are out of luck. But no worries, whatever the case may be, Apple offers one best feature for the benefits of their users which is known as ‘Find My Watch’ that helps users in easily finding it. However, remember that while discovering the watch you will be limited to the hardware that you have. For instances, all Apple Watches which is within the Bluetooth range of the iPhone can be retrieved easily. Though, users will have more benefits with the Apple Watch Series 2 or later versions which have integrated GPS or Wi-Fi.
Underneath we provide you some best steps to easily locate your Apple Watch using the ‘Find My Watch’ feature. The steps are pretty simple and easy and help you with the best ways for finding your Watch. Here are some best ideas of getting it back.
Find Your Lost Apple Watch
For locating your Apple Watch, you need to follow some simple steps which are discussed below. Though these steps are effective and efficient, sometimes creates lots of issue for the users. Alternatively, if you follow them in the correct sequence as mentioned will save your time and efforts and easily detect your phone. Here how to do it:
- Firstly, on your iPhone, you need to start the ‘My Watch’ application.
- Once started, press on the ‘Paired Watch.’
- On the next page, click on the ‘Small Information’ logo appears on the screen.
- After that, hit the ‘Find My Watch’ option and sign in by entering your Apple ID. Once you entered Apple ID, it will automatically ‘Find iPhone’ app and show the exact location of your watch.
- However, the map appears on the screen will give you general info regarding where your watch is at. Therefore, there are several other options which you can utilize using finding your watch option. In case, if you lost your watch inside or around the house, you need to send a signal to it to begin bleeping. For this, you need to click on the ‘Actions’ located at the underneath of the screen. After that, click on the ‘Play Sound’ option. Once the app found your watch, the app will send a notification in your email that watch has been found.
- Once you get the lost watch, a ‘Playing Sound’ notification appears on the screen, press the ‘Dismiss’ tab. Then, it will return to the Watch face.
Find your Apple Watch Using Lost Mode
Depending on your situations you have some more options which are very drastic that you need to use in your worse circumstances. In case, one may be unable to find their watch by playing sound; then we suggest you choose the ‘Lost Mode’ option just to mark it as a lost mode.
- Click on the ‘Lost Mode’ tab from the Actions menu showing at the bottom of the screen and follow the process which consists of few simple steps:
- Start following the instructions appears on the screen, you need to enter your phone number first by which you can be easily reached and a message for the person who might locate your watch.
- Once completing, if anyone gets that watch, then the message will automatically show on the Watch’s screen. Well, you can unlock your watch using your current password. ‘
Also, one can modify the message and contact information that shows on the watch at any time. You just need to launch the ‘Lost Mode’ and easily modify the data that anyone wants to have appeared on the screen. Moreover, one can easily disable the Lost Mode.
Robert Adams is a cybersecurity enthusiast, technical writer, privacy and security blogger, and reporter who has detailed information about antivirus software such as Trend Micro Activation at trendmicro.com/activation.